Monday, June 4, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays...

...NEVER get me down! They do make my dog want to stay in bed and watch Forensic Files all morning so I kept her company for a while, I didn't want her to feel like a Loser watching Crime Shows by herself while the rest of the world is off working. Finally I decided to venture out and hit a few haunts and see what the day might bring.
Hopped in the Jeep and DOH! forgot there was a large ottoman in the back. My husband gets the biggest kick out of riding in my car because he never knows what might be lurking in there. Last week I was hastily trying to clear the Passenger seat off for myself and he pounced. "Oh great, Love! You finally found some double-ended-flushmount-electrical-receptacles - just what we NEED!" I grabbed them back exclaiming "These are BAKELITE! And VINTAGE NEW IN THE BOX!! I might make a killing on eBay." He just shook his head and laughed at me.
Back to the Ottoman. Someone gave this to Yard Sale Buddy and it is this gorgeous tufted thing, not my taste but definitely SOMEONE'S, and I couldn't bear to see it languish in his yard. So I grabbed it and tried to Sell It Quick for him outside the shop on Saturday but no nibbles. This isn't really the Thing for Salvage Chic so I took it up to one of Those Consignment Shoppes in Hanover. This is the first time I have done something like this and as I feared the Nice Lady at the shop wanted its Pedigree; since I couldn't tell her what it had cost new I said I was selling it for a Friend but then got worried I looked like a criminal riding around with a Stolen Ottoman looking to fence it so I blurted out the bit about Yard Sale Buddy. She probably thought I was a crack head... and I'm sure the Fur Coat hanging off the Dry Cleaning bar didn't help matters!! Some lady in Texas bought it out of my eBay store so I need to send it out.
As Yard Sale Buddy says, NEVER A DULL MOMENT with Salvage Chick!!

No comments: