Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Armoire Rescue Mission



OK so I didn't really get a Before Photo of this thing because my camera batteries were dead yesterday but you can see from the door I haven't painted yet that it was really an Untouchable. I found it languishing at Never Open Antiques across the street from my shop (you know where I mean, I'm just changing the names to protect the innocent, namely ME Salvage Chick.) Anyway the Proprieter in question, let's call him "Mack", was griping that it was junkier than he thought it was when he bought it at "Rob's" Yard Sale and he was never going to get his money back. I suggested that maybe he dust it off, turn it so it's not facing the wall, maybe put the lights on for people who might want to look at it... or better yet just PAINT IT!! He looks at me all "IhaveaRealJobIdon'thaveTimetoPaintIWouldRatherDonateItTothe2BrothersDownTheBlockToSell" SIGH... Fine! I offered to paint it for him and get him his money back and keep any surplus for myself.

Now, if I were a Betting Chick, I'd say Rob found this on the side of the road in Brockton and sold it to Mack for $45 which he was never going to get for it in that condition and not just because he's Never Open... and for me to take it and slap some paint on it and sell it so Mack breaks even and I make a few bucks, seems to me like Rob and I are involved in some bizarre Pyramid Scheme. But deep down I know Mack was just tossing Rob a Mercy Purchase because he can use the cash and they are both Really Nice Guys who help me out all the time so HEY what's a few minutes of my time and some paint?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have the best husband ever

Salvage Chick said...

Yes I do and when he gets home tonight I will be sure to greet him with "Hello anonymous"...