Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Key to Yard Sale Buddy's Heart

I finally found out why he's been Missing in Action. And if you haven't noticed, my Blog Material has been suffering miserably. Last time I checked on his whereabouts, he said he had been busy installing a toilet. All I could think to reply was "FOR THREE WEEKS?" So I decided he needed some space for whatever reason, like maybe he saw me standing with Mack in the lunch line or passing notes with Claudia in math class; he tends to be a little oversensitive.

Fast forward another week or two, Mack and I were killing time in the shop on a freezing cold Friday and I decided to call up Yard Sale Buddy and crank him up. He was full of piss and vinegar as they say and while I was giving him the 'Where ya been' business he suddenly retaliated. "I stopped by yesterday but you were closed; I was going to go in and check on things but I don't have a key." I sprang up out of my seat and screamed - no more like yelped - "THAT'S WHY YOU'RE MAD AT ME!?!?!?" Dead silence. Oh. My. God. Way back in SEPTEMBER I borrowed his key because I needed to go to my niece's birthday party and he was working at his real job, so Claudia watched the shop. And I forgot to make a copy and give him back one. Mind you, he never actually USES the key, I guess he just likes the prestige.

So after I found this out I had a new key made ASAP, and have been stalking YSB for the past 2 weeks trying to deliver it. I finally caught him today out front vacuuming his lawn, and made a grand ceremony out of bestowing the key upon him. He pretended it was no big deal, but I could tell all was suddenly right with the world. So much so, he said Wait Right Here I want to show you something and ran inside; then he came out a minute later wearing this giant tiger mascot head screaming LOOK WHAT I GOT, CAN YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE THREW THIS AWAY?? It was so funny I almost wet my pants. Of course, I had no camera... but he PROMISED he will model it again later this week for photos. Stay tuned for further adventures with Yard Sale Buddy, and remember: Please remain seated and keep your hands inside the ride at all times!!

No comments: