Sunday, October 21, 2007

No Dumping - Police Take Notice

Or at least, Yard Sale Buddy does! Today he was ALL up in arms complaining that people have been dumping stuff in his yard while he's not home. "They are leaving JUNK, old lawn chairs, boxes of dishes, half the stuff broken..." My first thought was how did he distinguish this JUNK from the rest of the stuff in his yard but I could not get a word in edgewise as he continued "I even drove my truck across the street and waited so I could see who is doing it but finally gave up to go get a coffee and sure enough when I came back there was MORE JUNK you think they saw my truck and waited until I left?" At this point there were so many thoughts going through my mind I didn't know what to say: Oh my God you staked out your own house! How could they NOT see you 'hiding' in Hosea's parking lot in that huge blue truck all tricked out loudly idling twin tailpipes? Do you REALLY think it is just ONE person who keeps dropping stuff off, and do you really think that person would WAIT until you're not there instead of just stopping and saying "Hey Yard Sale Buddy I thought you might want this stuff for your YARD SALE?" Then he continued, "So, you think if I keep watching from across the street eventually I will catch this person?" Sure, I thought, either that or you will figure out who the second shooter on the grassy knoll was, you conspiracy theory whacko; luckily someone came into the shop just then so all I said was "Um, I'll have to call you back on that one."

No comments: