Sunday, April 12, 2009

Woodsy Goes A.W.O.L.

Late yesterday our new friend Maddie came in with her Aunt and was dismayed to discover one of the Owl Salt & Pepper shakers she was coveting last week was MISSING! I couldn't really hear what was going on because I was way on the other side of the shop but I heard Claudia exclaim "I just NOTICED there was only one sitting there!"



A couple minutes later I joined them; "One of the owl salt shakers is missing? What do you think happened?" Claudia solemnly nodded her head and said she bet someone got interrupted in the middle of nipping them and only got away with one. I felt awful. To my knowledge, nothing's ever been stolen from the shop, except that one time I thought this guy stole my LP with Barry Manilow and his Beagle on the cover until I found it hiding behind something 2 weeks later. It must be all those Menacing Signs that Yard Sale Buddy gifted me with.



Anyway back to the owl, all I could think was "Who would steal an owl dressed like ELTON JOHN?!?" when a little glitter caught my eye and way down at the bottom of the shelving, there was the other owl perched in an old toy race car, like he was making a getaway!! Looks like Woodsy the Owl doesn't give a hoot after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm curious. Did the Owl Salt & Pepper Shakers sell to the woman who was distressed to find one of them gone? Or, did she only really, really want them once she thought they were gone?

Yard Sale Ron

Salvage Chick said...

thanks Ron; I think they're on her Owl Wish List... she did buy another owl item that day instead!