Thursday, June 5, 2008

Can You Dig It?


I can dig it, You can dig it,
She can dig it, We can dig it,
They can dig it, You can dig it,
Can you Diiiiiiiiig it?

Duff can REALLY Dig It. Or more appropriately, Dig Them. Them being the mineholes that have suddenly cropped up all over my backyard. I stumbled upon this one (quite literally!) the other night when I went out to check on the dogs without turning the light on. I let out a yelp as a sharp pain shot through my ankle which was twisting at an unnatural angle. All I could think of before my face hit the mulch was "I can't believe I am going to have to go to the hospital because I fell in a hole my dog dug and I haven't even been drinking; I am going to look like SUCH A LOSER." Luckily Kenny had heard my cry for help so he rushed outside as soon as there was a break in the Red Sox game. By then I was gingerly "Walking It Off" as my dad was wont to instruct us to do with all but the most fatal of injuries. Kenny very chivalrously filled in the hole and gave Duff a brief scolding; no sooner had he gone back inside than that #!@$*! Coonhound was at it again. I went in and told Kenny we should probably try to give Duff more exercise so he stops digging out of boredom. "Do you still have your old Nintendo? I think he would really like that game Dig Dug." No, it turned out, he didn't have it anymore; plus he thought maybe we should let Duff keep going: "After all, It's like he has a TREASURE MAP... maybe this will really pay off!"

No comments: