Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Loss is Your Gain...

Who am I kidding, I should say My GAIN is Your Gain. This week we did an impromptu kitchen makeover and added upper cabinets, which we never had before. After living here for 6 years, I decided the Whole Kitchen Renovation was not going to happen anytime soon so I might as well add them now and live with a mismatched kitchen. Or more truthfully, I decided if I had to lean down into this dank dark cabinet one more time in search of the elusive EVOO, I was going to slit my ankles.

The GOOD NEWS is, I displaced all kinds of cool stuff that used to live on my walls & countertops/windowsills. This is just a VERY SMALL sneak peek at some of the items that will be appearing soon at Salvage Chic!

The BETTER NEWS is, I now have THIS lovely space to cook in. And the total cost of the project was $620 for the cabinets and about $100 in paint & supplies. Even Kenny commented that this morning he felt like such a 'grown-up' getting his cereal out of a cabinet at eye level. I guess he forgot we were both contemplating strangling each other or at least getting divorced while hanging said cabinets...



1 comment:

cfb said...

WOW! The benefits keep coming, let me tell you! I actually LIKE unloading my dishwasher now (Ok, at least I hate it less) because I both a) know where things go b) they fit and c) the drawers open. Having an adult kitchen can be a good thing...

Bravo!