Thursday, March 5, 2009

Anchorage Aweigh?

Here's one from the email files, received just last night: "hi- i found your site on the web and love some of the items. it may not be cost effective to have them shipped but i thought it was worth asking. i live in anchorage alaska. would you be willing to ship items if it were cost effective?"

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing it would cost more than the actual furniture to ship it to Alaska. Especially given today's fuel costs... but part of me couldn't help but wonder how much someone would be willing to pay for delivery to Alaska; and if I could actually convince Yard Sale Buddy to hitch a trailer to his Chevy Truck and make the trek. I bet I could, if I mapped out all the Dunkin' Donuts stops on the way for him, and loaned him Duff as a sled dog. I just might throw it out there, to see if he nibbles... will Report Back later!

No comments: