Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When the Going Gets Tough



the Tough get Painting! Well the going's not too tough, because sales were UP this weekend, but I'm running out of inventory. Yard Sale Buddy and I delivered a bunch of furniture to Milton on Sunday morning so there were already some holes in the shop, and I went over to Never Open Antiques to poach a few items from Mack so I didn't look like I was going out of business. By the time I got back someone had called to purchase the shabby chic dressing table I had listed on Craigslist and then my ace-in-the-hole backup armoire I pulled out of storage sold right out of the parking lot before I could even move it into the shop! Needless to say I was in full-blown panic mode. People often ask why I am only open 4 days a week and my unuttered response is "you think this stuff just MAGICALLY appears?" The good news about sales being up is there is money to buy NEW old stuff, the bad news is it's not always that easy to find it. So back to the drawing board, or rather the paint brush. Here's a sneak peek of some of the projects incubating in my garage, stop in this weekend and see for yourself how they turned out!!

No comments: