Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Or, "F.F." as my Mom would say. For those of you playing at home, one of those F's is FREEZING... I'll let you fill in the blank.

So now, for a little Warmth from Within. I was lucky enough to be off from the shop today and spent the day as I most LOVE to do on days like this, puttering around the house in my PJs. I swore I was going to do nothing at all except watch a Law & Order Marathon; Kenny bet me 5 bucks I would be off the couch by the end of the 2nd episode but I held strong through 2 and a half before the urge to putter got the best of me. Then I went on a tear in the kitchen, taking everything off the counters and cleaning it within an inch of its life before I put it back. I know on those HGTV House Selling shows they advise you should clear a kitchen of everything but the essentials so Buyers don't think your kitchen lacks storage. But I think done right, clutter can be a selling point. Not that I'm selling my house... but wouldn't YOU want to live in a kitchen with a windowsill as 'cluttered' as this? It just puts a smile on my face; hope it warms you up too!

5 comments:

cfb said...

I like the color combinations! At your house, it looks charming. At my own, it would be covered in dust and two cats would have managed to squeeze themselves in so less appealing!

I went on a cleaning tear yesterday too! Must have been the weather...

Salvage Chick said...

My cats are way too fat and/or lazy to squeeze in there...

Maddie said...

loves it!

Marie said...

That looks fantastic!

Beth said...

I love the orange-yellow-turquoise combo -- so cheerful!

In fact, those are the colors I aim for, but we just bought a house with lilac-colored laminate kitchen counters. I've put my collections out but the palette is a little... odd.