Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mad Props

I'm sure that's what the Critics will be rewarding the Set Designers at the Huntington Theater Company with next month when this Salvage Chic Find takes center stage for the performance of "Fences", a 1950's-based play based on the novel by August Wilson.




When the guys came today to pick up the table I tried to act all cool like Professional Set Designers come here all the time, but really it was just once before. And the guy wasn't exactly a Professional, at Set Designing anyway... he was a nice teacher from a pre-school in Duxbury where the kids were putting on Annie. So I loaned him a suitcase, and a strand of pearls, in exchange for a free ad in the Programme; and so-began my Set Design career. This time, they actually BOUGHT the table. I'd say I'm making progress! Hollywood, Here I Come!

No comments: