Thursday, July 23, 2009

This Little Piggy Went to Market... This Little Piggy Stayed Home...


and THESE Little Piggies went to Teeka Lynne's Salon & Day Spa in Halifax tonight for a Pedicure. I've been getting a lot of nice compliments lately on my hairdo & color so thought I'd give a little shout out here to my Stylist Teeka and her wonderful staff. About a year ago I decided to finally Divorce my old Hairdresser in Needham because let's face it, a 4-hour round-trip for a cut & color was just unrealistic. Now, you ladies know it can be a REALLY DAUNTING TASK to switch hairdressers; I mean, I'd almost rather ditch my Husband and take my chances on Match.com than pick a new hairdresser, which was why I was still commuting to Needham. (I said ALMOST, Kenny, Calm Down!) Anyway I was so gun-shy about picking a new place at random I went to the Salon on a Spy Mission and got a pedicure. I had no idea what I was going to find in there, I wanted to make sure it wasn't an "Old Lady Hair Factory", you know? One step into the Salon and I knew I was gonna be a regular. And not just because the place is divided into little rooms painted in warm colors which TOTALLY reminded me of Salvage Chic! Teeka gave me the Pedicure on that Fateful Day and I had a grand time dishing dirt with a Fellow Small Business Owner. There's so much that goes on behind the scenes that people don't realize, I remember saying "People complain that I'm only open 4 days a week, but really, I work every day; it's not like when the shop's closed, I'm sitting around having a Pedicure!" She just looked at me, and then we both burst out laughing. Really, it's THAT kind of place, just a relaxed, un-pretentious environment. And have no fear, they have plenty of 'Normal' nail polish colors. But I'm really not a girlie-girl when it comes to nail polish so mentioned to them that 6 weeks ago when I came home with Pink Toes Kenny exclaimed "You think you KNOW someone... and then they come home with pink toes... (shaking his head). Imagine my delight when tonight I found this fun new aqua color they bought just for me. If you're looking for a new 'Do or need a relaxing Spa Treatment, go check them out just off Route 106 in Halifax and at www.teekalynnes.com. And Please, tell them Christine sent you (I'm not sure they know who "Salvage Chick" is, LOL)

1 comment:

misselaineous said...

LOVE!!!! the aqua toes...great color! WHERE did you find those funky sandals??? They're too cool! *elaine*