Sunday, December 9, 2007

Pembroke 5-0; Book 'Em, Danno!

All I can say is POOR YARD SALE BUDDY. He was doing some Clean-Out work for a lady in Pembroke and suddenly received a summons from the Pembroke Police to come down and visit the Station... Turns out the woman was missing $2300 in cash from a cupboard and convinced herself Yard Sale Buddy was the felon. So he went down to the precinct and sat there shaking in his boots while they informed him CSI was down at her house fingerprinting, was he SURE they wouldn't find his prints anywhere near the cupboard? And by the way, would he be willing to take a Lie Detector test? Yard Sale Buddy adamantly swore he was no where near the cupboard, while all I could think was "I'm SO SURE the Pembroke Police have all these investigative tools right at their fingertips... NOT." But he was really upset so I just listened with a sympathetic ear and was happy to learn that the police informed the woman they really had no grounds to prosecute Yard Sale Buddy, given the lack of evidence and his solid reputation. Then she admitted she 'remembered' that she had moved the money somewhere else and it really wasn't missing at all. To add insult to injury, she never even called YSB to apologize! Now while he was telling me this story, we were out in front of the shop putting together an artificial tree someone gave me; I was losing patience with his instructing me on how to fluff the branches. "No, look, you gotta SPREAD EM!! SPREAD EM!!" Finally I couldn't resist. "SPREAD EM?? Is that what the Pembroke Police asked you to do??" and dissolved into a fit of giggles. Thank God Yard Sale Buddy is a Good Sport.

No comments: